Monday, October 1, 2012

Introduction

Truth is for all people. Nobody says that math is true for Americans, but not for Europeans. It is true here, there, and everywhere in the universe. Unfortunately, people make the mistake of claiming truth is relative when talking about God, religion, morality, and reason. I say it is unfortunate because in the same way that math is true, Christianity and its proclamations are true for everyone, everywhere. The truths of Christianity are so incredibly cogent, consistent, unique, comprehensive, satisfying, and necessary that I think any unbeliever must be either 1.) honestly searching for truth and haven't yet collected enough information to decide to become a believer or 2.) they are so biased against the idea of God that they are unable to put aside feelings in favor of objective truth.

I am starting this blog for a couple reasons, but mainly in an effort to bring glory to God. I am currently in the process of developing a Christian tract, which I will use to spread the Word and it will serve as a business/contact card. The tract will direct people to this website for more information and give out my contact information for an opportunity at true discipleship. This blog will also be a place for me to write down my thoughts on God in a way in which others can read it.  This will hold me accountable for getting my thoughts written down and ensure my beliefs remain true to the Bible, all while encouraging spiritual growth and understanding in others.

The reason I am developing my own tract is because I have never seen a one that I have liked. There are various reasons I have not liked them, but generally speaking, I question their effectiveness. I am trying to write one that I think people will actually read and understand.  I also want to give my contact information and this website so they can ask genuine questions or at least have an place to go to find the answers easily.

This blog will also be a place for me to write down and organize my various thoughts on Christianity for my own good, for family and friends, and for those who receive a tract. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life," but sometimes Christians stand in the way of that message. I hope to write in a way that is understandable and loving so that everyone can see that Jesus is for them.

Christianity, unlike any other worldview or religion, is relational AND it is comprehensive. To achieve salvation, it is only required to believe that Jesus is Lord of your life. Although you can decide to become a Christian as a result of knowledge, experiences, or feelings, it is ultimately dependent on a relationship with Christ, which is completely different than any other worldview. Other worldviews (including atheism) require specific knowledge, experiences, or feelings to achieve salvation or enlightenment. For instance, to be an enlightened or cultured atheist, one must achieve a high point of knowledge and worldly experiences. In Judaism, one must follow the rules of Mosaic Law.

The problem with all other worldviews is that they are exclusivistic.  While anyone can hold these worldviews; however, not everyone can achieve the pinnacle of the belief system due to mental or physical barriers. Christianity is different in that no matter what a person's level of intelligence, mental or physical health, feelings, education, life experience, or location in the world, they can still have a relationship with Jesus. All you have to do is believe in Jesus and you will be saved (Matthew 10:32, John 3:16, Acts 16:31, Romans 10:9, 1 John 4:15, etc). This does not mean you have to believe God exists for even the demons believe that (James 2:19), but it means that you put your trust in who Jesus is and what God has done through Him (Romans 10:11, 1 Peter 2:6)

I intend to post something on here about once a week, but I am not making any promises. I have also created a complimentary site on Facebook that I will use to post more regularity. The Facebook site will be where I post links, quotes, and other things that I come across on a daily basis. The address is http://www.facebook.com/ChristianityForEveryone

I hope to receive feedback, so please let me know if you have any thoughts or opinions on anything I have written. Thank you for reading.